Saturday, June 14, 2008

Home At Last!

Our last few days at the White Swan were very dull. Mei had a medical exam, we filled out some more paperwork and basically packed. I was so anxious to get home that all I could do was wish the time away. We got home safely with a total travel time from start to finish that lasted exactly 29 hours. The flight home was easy because I wanted to get home sooo bad I would have sat anywhere! I justbwoke up at 3:30 am wide awake (hello jet lag!) but I don't even care because I am HOME. A few words about China and I will sign off on the blog for the last time. This trip was a trip of a lifetime and I couldn't possibly explain how it has changed me as a person. I feel different. I liked China but I definitely preferred Beijing over Guangzhou. North China had better food and many more things to do. I did like the tropical feel of Guangzhou even thought the humidity was unbearable at times. We are all settling in and Parker and Mei are best buds already. He is so patient with her! We are trying to get him to keep his sentences simple but he insists on explaining every little detail (I wonder where he gets that from:-). She doesn't seem to mind and rattles on in Chinese to him. It is very cute to watch. We are all VERY tired. The only way to describe it is I feel like I am having an out of body experience or that I am on a 5 second delay. We have missed you all so much and can't wait to reconnect with ALL of our friends and family. When we landed in DC I wanted to go around and kiss all of my fellow Americans. I think Jeff thought I was losing it, maybe I am.....Thank you for all of the prayers and emails. They were like little treasures from home and kept us going each day. It will be a LONG time before I take another trip. Signing off for the last time.