Monday, May 26, 2008

We made it!!

This is the picture of the North Pole. We think Santa has it covered so his secrets.
The North Pole



Our hotel lobby
Hutongs out our room window.



We have been awake for almost 28 hours straight. We are exhausted! Our flights were good but the 13 hour flight was so long I felt like I was crawling out of my skin. We flew over the north pole and Jeff took a picture. It was really weird to experience 24 hours of daylight. Beijing Airport is HUGE but pretty easy to navigate through. It is very hazy and warm outside. Our hotel is OK. We can see some rooftops of the Forbidden City from our room. We also have a nice view of some Hutongs. Jeff wanted to get some dinner and I tried. I am so tired I can barely think and my appetite is gone. The smells are weird. Hopefully I can get adjusted to it or I may actually lose some weight on this trip. Maybe a hot shower and a good night sleep will help. I will post some pictures later or tomorrow. They are from Jeff's camera and I can't figure how to load them. I am WAY too tired to try and figure it out. He went to find us something to eat since he was disappointed I wouldn't eat out. We leave at 8:30 am tomorrow for the orphanage. We should have Anna by 10:00am at the latest. I will post again after we have her.